A lil' update from us:
We are still working on our new kickstarter! If you haven't heard, we are working on a couple new decks + offerings which we are SO excited about. There will be a companion Tarot deck to the Empyrean oracle, a Rune deck and a secret new oracle (with accompanying book).
Check out this image from the Rune deck!
A note on this New Moon from Winter Jendayi, our in house Astro expert:
We are BIG FANS of Winter. We have shared ceremonial space with her, gotten multiple readings from her and are big fans of her music. We highly recommend checking out her work!
Book Winter for an Astro reading here.
Listen to Winter's music here.
Follow Winter on Insta here.
Check out here website here.
- Once a year the Moon returns to her home constellation in the sky for the opportunity to shine fully and brightly, showering the Earth with the energies of her maternal waters. As the mother of the zodiac, Cancer gifts us the ability to feel deeply and protect fiercely, that which we hold most dear. A Full Moon in this sign heightens our emotions, bringing them up to the surface, where the waves meet the shore, and we feel the rhythm of the tides. What feelings does this Moon illuminate for you?
Because Cancer is so sensitive, she often hides within her crab shell, allowing herself to have a tough exterior which cannot be penetrated - and when it is, she will likely pinch you with her claws of defense!
This Full Moon asks you to pay attention to your feelings as well as your defenses. What supports you in feeling safe enough to remain vulnerable, without a hardened shell? It is important to feel, and to allow the world to see us in our softness. This Moon is asking you to find your power in your deep sensitivity while allowing others to see this part of you. Just as a mother’s example influences her children, your example can do the same, for those you love.
Scents for Cancer
For this Full Moon we are choosing warm and comforting scents like Vanilla, chai, Linen, Rainstorm, Firewood and Florals. Choose the scents that help you tap into your sensitive, nurturing and intuitive self. A good balance of uplifting energy like the florals is always great too!
Colors and Fabrics for Cancer
Surround yourself with blues, greys and some pops of warmth. Ideal fabrics for this moon are chenille, cashmere or velvet. Of course, if you want to go for pure comfort, there’s always fleece and flannel too, or if you want to dress up a little sequins are a great choice.
Gemstones for Cancer
Moonstone, Selenite and Quartz carry positive energies that can bing clarity, relaxation and enlightenment.
Card Spread for the Cancer Full Moon
For this full moon we have a four card spread focused on how we can support ourselves as move into this new year. While shuffling, focus on the intention and try to clear your mind.
Card 1: What pattern do I need to tend to most right now?
Card 2: In what ways can I support myself as I shift it?
Card 3: What is a message I can remember when things feel difficult?
Card 4: What is a sign or symbol that I am on the right path?
Ritual: Nurturing your softness
This Full Moon in Cancer, we are going to move our way into softness. Because Cancer can hide away feelings and tend to shield themselves from potential pain, so much can get stored in the body. To free ourselves, we can choose to move.
We have made a playlist for you, but if you have one you like, definitely reach for that instead! The intention is a slow unfolding of ourselves, to gently welcome any stuck emotions to come up and out, allowing them to work their way through our body and back into the ground. So whatever you think works for that, go for it : )
1. Set the vibe: try to turn the lights down and maybe light a couple candles.
2. Clear out some space so you don't trip over anything!
3. Turn your music on! Get it as loud as possible without angering your roommates or neighbors ; )
4. Start moving. Try to start with a slow, reaching movement. One that is stretching you out and allowing you to feel into the far corners of your body.
5. As the music shifts, you can change your pace and style.
6. As you're moving, notice what emotions come up for you. Set an intention within yourself to welcome all of them.
7. Dance until you feel a transformation happen in your subtle body - allowing yourself to go through the depths of feeling and back into a lightness of being.
8. When you're done, consider journaling your findings.